Understanding how data is transported through PGW and eNB in LTE Networks

Rafael Fernandes Lopes

Oct 20, 2015, 2:28:04 PM10/20/15
to ns-3-users
Hey guys,

I would like to understand better how the data are transported through PGW and eNB to UE nodes, if someone can explain to me... I have a simulation in which data is being transported from UE to a server behind the PGW but the data is not coming back through PGW (it is not delivering packets to UE)... And I don't know if the packets are stoping in PGW or the eNB...

I really appreciate any help to understand what LENA files I have to "inspect" to discover why those packets are no coming...

Best regards,

Rafael

Konstantinos

Oct 20, 2015, 3:07:59 PM10/20/15
to ns-3-users
Dear Rafael,

The best place to look for help to understand how a particular module works is the corresponding section in the manual.
For inspection of packet path, you can use NS_LOGs (see which function is called) or tracing.

I would also advise you to study the examples of LTE, particularly those with EPC and a remote host, as it might be a fairly simple error such as forgetting to setup proper routing from the host back to the UEs.

Regards,
K.
Message has been deleted