LENA: Problems by expanding lena-simple-epc.cc with brite

Peter Riedemann

Jan 19, 2016, 5:18:17 AM1/19/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,
I want to create and simulate a lte scenario with ns3.22. For this purpose I use the lena-simple-epc.cc example. In a first step, I've expanded the example with BRITE so that I can generate an internet topology instead of using one remote host node. The BRITE-Generation works fine. I have installed a UDP Echo Server on a node that is connected to the BRITE Topology via point to point connection. The pgw node is connectet to the BRITE Topology via point to point connection, too. One UE has installed a UDP Echo Client that sends a message every two seconds to the UDP Echo Server. But the packets won't be routed to the UDP Server.

I think/know there is something wrong with the routing. I've tried out:
Ipv4GlobalRoutingHelper::PopulateRoutingTables();
But that doesn't work for me and the programm stops without displaying an error message. Then I've used static routing. But either the packets will be dropped by the pgw node or the pgw node doesn't route them to the UDP Server Node. I've appended the modified example and the necessary configuration file for using BRITE. You just have to copy the two files into the scratch folder. Please look at my example and tell me, how to configure the routing so that it works. Or give me a hint.

Thanks,
Peter
mylte.cc
testFile.conf

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 19, 2016, 9:37:10 AM1/19/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it is possible that you're right, but I don't know how to fix this issue. The problem is that inside the LTE there's one routing kind, while outside there's another one. I guess you'll need to spread the route to the UE in some way.

T.