Procedure of HWMP in NS3

Nitya Kulkarni

Jun 30, 2015, 6:43:15 AM6/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!!

I am analyzing the working of hwmp in NS3. According to the literature, in reactive mode source node should send the PREQ packet in the network and destination should reply with PREP packet. But in the log files that I got, the destination node sends the PREQ packet and the source responds with PREP packet. I do not understand why this is so? And in proactive mode I have set 2nd node as the root, but the routing gets initiated with reactive mode and then the proactive mode initiates. I am confused. I have attached my mesh.cc file and the log files for proactive and reactive modes. Any help to understand the procedure of HWMP in NS3 is very much appreciated.

PS: In the log files I have printed the routing table entries when the proactive or reactive paths are resolved.

Thanks in advance.
log_proactive.txt
log_reactive.txt
mesh.cc

Nitya Kulkarni

Jul 1, 2015, 2:40:25 AM7/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please anybody reply soon....

christopher

Jul 2, 2015, 4:18:55 AM7/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nitya,

I assume the following is happening..

Assuming Sender Node1 and Receiver Node2,
Node 1 has data to send and initiates an ARP which is broadcast.
Node 2 receives this message but is not able to answer because there is no route to Node1.
Therefore 2 is sending an PREQ.

Nitya Kulkarni

Jul 2, 2015, 5:30:26 AM7/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am sorry I forgot to mention that in both modes I have set node 0 as server/destination and node 8 as client and in proactive mode node 1 is the root node. All the nodes are using two interfaces with channel 0 and 5 assigned to them. I have not changed any other attribute of any other class, all attributes are set to default values of NS3 mesh.

Richard

Jun 19, 2017, 3:21:23 PM6/19/17
to ns-3-users
How were did generate the routing table shown in "log_proactive.txt"? Is the code for this in mesh.cc or where does one go to print out the routing table?