Problem running ccnsyncslice during simulation

Nina

Jan 27, 2015, 2:09:58 AM1/27/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm trying to run a CCNx simulation that uses the ccnsyncslice command, among others. I invoke the syncslice command as follows:

  dce.SetBinary("ccnsyncslice");
  dce.ResetArguments();
  dce.ResetEnvironment();
  dce.SetStdinFile("");
  dce.AddEnvironment("HOME", "/root");
  //dce.AddArgument("-v create ccnx:/");
  //dce.AddArgument(ccnname);
  dce.AddArgument("-v create ccnx:/ ccnx:/LeReadme/bigone");

The code compiles fine and the correct code invocation is listed in the cmdline logfile, but output consistently lands in the stderr logfile, no matter what arguments I attach - even with the help flag. When I run the DCE CCNx binary itself, though, it runs fine.

Does anybody know the reason? It doesn't seem that I need to recompile, so is it a DCE problem? Do I need to add a patch? Or am I missing something?

Thank you very much for any help,
Nina

Nina

Jan 27, 2015, 10:35:42 AM1/27/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
For completeness' sake:

The problem solved itself, it was a ridiculous beginners mistake. Apparently every argument has to be added separately with dce.AddArgument, otherwise the entire string is recognized as a single argument, which is of course incorrect.

Hajime Tazaki

Jan 30, 2015, 12:20:26 AM1/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

At Tue, 27 Jan 2015 07:35:42 -0800 (PST),
Nina wrote:

> [1 <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
glad to solve the issue yourself.

for the multiple arguments, you can use ParseArguments() method.

-- Hajime