ns-3.20 released

Tom Henderson

Jun 17, 2014, 2:10:52 PM6/17/14
to ns-developers list, ns-3-users, ns-an...@isi.edu
I'm now able to announce the ns-3.20 release, available at the following
https://www.nsnam.org/release/ns-allinone-3.20.tar.bz2

This release features a new LR-WPAN model providing initial support for
IEEE 802.15.4 networks, and integration with the previously released
SixLowPan (6LoWPAN) module. A new IPv6 routing protocol (RIPng) model
has been added, and support within the Flow Monitor for IPv6 has been
added. A new LTE MAC downlink scheduling algorithm named Channel and QoS
Aware (CQA) Scheduler is provided by the new CqaFfMacScheduler object.
In addition, the RELEASE_NOTES list the many bugs fixed and small
improvements made.

As before, thanks to the several contributors of new model code and to
everyone who has worked to fix bugs and to improve the documentation
during this release cycle.

We had a lengthy debugging period that delayed this release by about two
months, but I'd like to keep with the schedule for making the next
release in the mid-August timeframe. Please subscribe to ns-developers
mailing list for further discussion of the ns-3.21 release.

- Tom

Suraj Kota

Jul 1, 2014, 6:55:36 AM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, ns-dev...@isi.edu, ns-an...@isi.edu
Hie Tom,

Have these been implemented in the new release ?
  1. TCP window size scaling.
  2. TCP dynamic segment size.

Tom Henderson

Jul 1, 2014, 8:54:02 AM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 07/01/2014 03:55 AM, Suraj Kota wrote:
> Hie Tom,
>
> Have these been implemented in the new release ?
>
> 1. TCP window size scaling.
> 2. TCP dynamic segment size.

No. TCP window scale is under development presently.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 1, 2014, 5:39:53 PM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as for TCP dynamic segment size, as far as I know it's not currently being developed. A patch would be most welcome.

Cheers,

T.

Mohammed KASRI

Jul 16, 2014, 12:40:18 PM7/16/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, ns-dev...@isi.edu, ns-an...@isi.edu
Hi Tom,

Is OFDMA PHY layer available on this new release ?

Tom Henderson

Jul 16, 2014, 4:15:15 PM7/16/14
to mohamme...@gmail.com, ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 07/16/2014 09:40 AM, Mohammed KASRI wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Is OFDMA PHY layer available on this new release ?

I'm not sure what radio model you are referring to. However, the only
radio model that I'm aware of that is based on OFDMA in ns-3 is LTE;
WiMax and Wifi 802.11a are based on OFDM.

- Tom

pavan kumar reddy kunditipadugu

Jul 17, 2014, 3:29:28 PM7/17/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, ns-dev...@isi.edu, ns-an...@isi.edu
Hi Tom,

Is LTE security architecture available in ns-3.20?

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 17, 2014, 5:42:42 PM7/17/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, ns-dev...@isi.edu, ns-an...@isi.edu
Please do NOT ask things in this thread.
For specific (or generic) questions, open a new thread or use an existing one (if appropriate).

Thanks.

T.
Message has been deleted

Tommaso Pecorella