File Transfer Application Implementation and LTE pcap

DavidCn S.

Apr 25, 2017, 7:17:15 PM4/25/17
to ns-3-users, David Estiven Cano Sandoval
Hi All,

I am starting with the interaction of the LBT module, I've been studying the laa-wifi-simple
scenario in order to do a better convergence analisys.

I know that the voice applications are instantiated in the same way in the scenario helper's
ConfigureAndRunScenario() and I'm trying to implement also the File Transfer Application,
based on the code of the voice application already implemented but I don't understand how
to do the success part:
success = fileAppReceiver0->TraceConnect("Rx", context, MakeCallback(&FileRxCb));
NS_ASSERT (success);

For example in the case of the Voice Application this is made by:
success = voiceAppReceiver0->TraceConnect("Rx", context, MakeCallback(&VoiceRxCb));
NS_ASSERT (success);
and the VoiceRxCb is implemented making use of seq-ts-header.cc code.

At this point I would like to know first of all if the file transfer Application have been implemented
in another scenario or module of ns3 and in which and if is possible to have the two applications
in the same scenario, also to know if is necessary another header code in order to implement the
success part. Any information you can provide me would be useful

On the other hand, I would like to know how I could to obtain the pcap for the LTE configuration,
since the pcap provided for the simulator only provide information for the Wi-Fi cell configuration

For example the pcap for the Wi-Fi ap Device is implemented by
spectrumPhy.SetPcapDataLinkType (SpectrumWifiPhyHelper::DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO);

BooleanValue booleanValue;
  bool found;
  found = GlobalValue::GetValueByNameFailSafe ("pcapEnabled", booleanValue);
  if (found && booleanValue.Get () == true)
    {
      spectrumPhy.EnablePcap ("laa-wifi-ap", apDevices);
    }
 So, how could be possible for the LTE cell Configuration

Thanks for your help in advance...

Tom Henderson

Apr 26, 2017, 10:06:36 AM4/26/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 04/25/2017 04:17 PM, DavidCn S. wrote:
Hi All,

I am starting with the interaction of the LBT module, I've been studying the laa-wifi-simple
scenario in order to do a better convergence analisys.

I know that the voice applications are instantiated in the same way in the scenario helper's
ConfigureAndRunScenario() and I'm trying to implement also the File Transfer Application,
based on the code of the voice application already implemented but I don't understand how
to do the success part:
success = fileAppReceiver0->TraceConnect("Rx", context, MakeCallback(&FileRxCb));
NS_ASSERT (success);

This will not work because the FileTransferApplication does not have a trace source named 'Rx'.

For example in the case of the Voice Application this is made by:
success = voiceAppReceiver0->TraceConnect("Rx", context, MakeCallback(&VoiceRxCb));
NS_ASSERT (success);
and the VoiceRxCb is implemented making use of seq-ts-header.cc code.

At this point I would like to know first of all if the file transfer Application have been implemented
in another scenario or module of ns3
Yes, in src/applications module.

and in which and if is possible to have the two applications
in the same scenario,

Yes, presently they both are used in the same scenario.

also to know if is necessary another header code in order to implement the
success part. Any information you can provide me would be useful

It is not header code but implementation code that you need to provide to trace receptions in the same way.

On the other hand, I would like to know how I could to obtain the pcap for the LTE configuration,
since the pcap provided for the simulator only provide information for the Wi-Fi cell configuration

For example the pcap for the Wi-Fi ap Device is implemented by
spectrumPhy.SetPcapDataLinkType (SpectrumWifiPhyHelper::DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO);

BooleanValue booleanValue;
  bool found;
  found = GlobalValue::GetValueByNameFailSafe ("pcapEnabled", booleanValue);
  if (found && booleanValue.Get () == true)
    {
      spectrumPhy.EnablePcap ("laa-wifi-ap", apDevices);
    }
 So, how could be possible for the LTE cell Configuration

I don't believe that LTE provides pcap tracing, but there is a point-to-point link between the PGW and client nodes that could be used to obtain pcap traces on the backhaul part of that network.  This would be in scenario-helper.cc, ConfigureLte() method.

- Tom

Thanks for your help in advance...
--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting