Sleep Modes adoption is LTE

preeti.do...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2014, 2:13:47 AM4/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I have installed ns3  on ubuntu and read its documentation. Its all working like a charm.

I have to work on the LTE module. I need to simulate the following scenario for sleep modes adoption in LTE.

>> Set up M number of eNBs (dense urban layout) and a N number of UEs in a trisector cellular layout.

>> By switching off an eNB, I need to check if it is possible to increase  Tx of other eNBs, so that the neighboring UEs ( under switched off eNB) can be served.

Can you please tell me if this scenario is doable... Since I am new to ns3, I am not completely aware of its capabilities.

Regards,
Preeti.

Piotr Gawlowicz

May 15, 2014, 4:52:19 PM5/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think there is no way to switch off an eNB, you can probably set very low TX power to eNB and assume it is turned off. Also before "switching eNB off" you should perform handover to another eNB, because in current implementation, when UE enter connection state it is able to handover only, cell reselection is not possible. When eNB will be turned off, it will be some kind of link failure and it is also not supported.
Piotr

Preeti Doddagoudar

May 16, 2014, 9:41:42 PM5/16/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

Thank you Sir, Your answer is mighty appreciated.
Your answer has directed me into rethinking about my algorithm.

Thanks,
Preeti