Wireless Sensor Networks with RIPng Routing

Arber Bardhaj

Jun 4, 2017, 5:41:52 PM6/4/17
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,

I'm a student currently on a project to simulate a WSN Protocol in ns3. However, after reading through most of the documentation, on the ns3 libraries I have found that the only way to simulate WSNs, is to use the LRWPAN and 6LoWPAN module. I was able to simulate simple networks through static routing, but when it came to protocols i was out of luck. Because WSNs are simulated only in IPv6 stacks, the only protocol I could find was RIPng. So I came up with a code based on the ripng-simple-network, but there seems to be a problem I cant figure out. I will post the code here with hopes that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have for me.
wsn_v2.0.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 9, 2017, 7:59:47 AM7/9/17
to ns-3-users
RIPng works for different subnets, and a WSN is (usually) a multi-hop, single subnet.

T.