Issues with D2D module of PSC

aadesh shah

May 31, 2020, 5:08:13 AM5/31/20
to ns-3-users
Hello All,

I am trying to develop an algorithm for relaying using to D2D module in ns3. I have 3 issues namely:

- I have just configured the module with my basic LTE code and just by the configuration of the module my packet reception rate has improved. Can you tell me how this is possible?

- I wanted to know if in the module do I need to explicitly mention the communication between the UEs or they switch from direct link to sidelike automatically? For instance, if the rsrp value of UE A is below a threshold then the UE A will automatically select the nearby UE (with better RSRP value) or do I need to mention the UE B to which it can send the information?

- I read the documentation which says UE relay to the network is the future work. But is it possible to define the relay nodes and relay the information to base station via the relay nodes? Is there anyone working on it? Or in that direction or its implemented?

It would be great if someone can share some information about this.

I have attached my code to this mail. Let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,
Aadesh Shah
lena-simple-epc.cc

Zoraze Ali

May 31, 2020, 8:14:46 AM5/31/20
to ns-3-users
Hi Aadesh,

My reply inline.

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:08:13 AM UTC+2, aadesh shah wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to develop an algorithm for relaying using to D2D module in ns3. I have 3 issues namely:

- I have just configured the module with my basic LTE code and just by the configuration of the module my packet reception rate has improved. Can you tell me how this is possible?

    I don't know, which version you were using before and, which version of the D2D code you are using now. So, I will guess. It may happen that there was a certain buggy behavior in the old code and it was solved in the release you are using now.

- I wanted to know if in the module do I need to explicitly mention the communication between the UEs or they switch from direct link to sidelike automatically? For instance, if the rsrp value of UE A is below a threshold then the UE A will automatically select the nearby UE (with better RSRP value) or do I need to mention the UE B to which it can send the information?

    In D2D module, UEs do not switch automatically to Sidelink. A UE, can do both UL/DL and Sidelink communication simultaneously, and such scenario is called in-coverage scenario. You have to configure such UE in your simulation script.

- I read the documentation which says UE relay to the network is the future work. But is it possible to define the relay nodes and relay the information to base station via the relay nodes? Is there anyone working on it? Or in that direction or its implemented?

      Have you seen the latest release, i.e., 3.0 of the D2D code (chaneck ns-3 app store)? The documentation says "At present, a large portion of the code related to public safety communications is found in the ProSe and UE-to-Network relay implementation in the lte module." A UE, acts as a relay between a UE and a eNB.

Kind regards,
Zoraze

aadesh shah

May 31, 2020, 11:05:27 AM5/31/20
to ns-3-users
Hello Zoraze,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed i was using psc version 2.0 and I never knew there was a version 3.0. So I am using version 3.0 now will let you know if there are any issues. But this solves a lot of issues thank you.

Regards,
Aadesh Shah

Tom Henderson

May 31, 2020, 12:20:35 PM5/31/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Zoraze Ali
On 5/31/20 5:14 AM, Zoraze Ali wrote:
> Hi Aadesh,
>
> My reply inline.
>
> On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:08:13 AM UTC+2, aadesh shah wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to develop an algorithm for relaying using to D2D module
> in ns3. I have 3 issues namely:
>
> - I have just configured the module with my basic LTE code and just
> by the configuration of the module my packet reception rate has
> improved. Can you tell me how this is possible?
>

> I don't know, which version you were using before and, which version of
> the D2D code you are using now. So, I will guess. It may happen that
> there was a certain buggy behavior in the old code and it was solved in
> the release you are using now.

It is also possible that improved packet reception rate is the buggy
behavior; we can't draw conclusions from just this observation.

The latest release of the PSC module (version 3.0) is aligned with
ns-3-dev as of March 4, 2020. As Zoraze mentioned, it has the
UE-to-network relay feature.

- Tom