Calculating fairness

Changyu Guo

Jul 25, 2019, 1:47:40 PM7/25/19
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I am trying to get or calculate fairness for my downlink scheduling simulation with NS3. So far I have not seen that NS3 is able to output the fairness index as an output. Thus, I am trying to calculate Jain's fairness index base on throughput.

Following is an explanation of the calculation of Jain's fairness index, It says that the throughput needs to be normalized with optimal throughput (such as Max-min, which maximizes the minimum throughput for users).

To calculate the optimal throughput will require CQI of each channel to calculate the optimal best average throughput.

Is there any suggestion on getting fairness through NS3? Or calculation the optimal average throughput from NS3?

Thanks for your time!
David Guo