Possibility of using less than 6 RB in LTE?

Hosein

Apr 4, 2014, 5:29:34 PM4/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
As I understand, we can choose LTE bandwidth by choosing number of RBs (from 6,15,25,50 and 100), so the minimum RB could be 6.
I want to evaluate the performance of the LTE while the available resources are limited, is there any way to use for example only 2 RBs? (assume 4 RBs are reserved for other applications)

Konstantinos

Apr 4, 2014, 5:56:29 PM4/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you considered putting enough applications/traffic as 'background' in order to simulate a congested network with not enough spare resources, instead of simulating an uncongested network with less RBs which is unrealistic.

Regards,
K.

Hosein

Apr 4, 2014, 6:20:26 PM4/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply,
 I am using the lena-simple-epc.cc example, what do you mean with "background" traffic? should I:
1-add another application in each UE or
2- increase the traffic of current application?
in both cases I think they do not do what I need,
1- if I add another application, how can I guarantee the added application first occupy RBs and I have congested network ...
2- and if I increase the traffic of current application, how can I know which amount is for background traffic and which is for the main traffic which I am interested in.
Thanks again

Konstantinos

Apr 5, 2014, 5:23:03 AM4/5/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, April 4, 2014 11:20:26 PM UTC+1, Hosein wrote:
Thanks for your reply,
 I am using the lena-simple-epc.cc example, what do you mean with "background" traffic? should I:
1-add another application in each UE or

yes

2- increase the traffic of current application?
in both cases I think they do not do what I need,
1- if I add another application, how can I guarantee the added application first occupy RBs and I have congested network ...

a) start one application first, and the other after some time, b) use different priorities for the traffic and a scheduler that supports it so that 'background' traffic gets the RBs it needs.