LBT Wi-Fi coexistence Module

DavidCn S.

May 10, 2017, 8:41:56 AM5/10/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I have some questions about the LBT Wi-Fi Coexistence Module, I would appreciate your cordial help.

First of all, I wolud like to know if is possible to configure base stations to support both TCP, UDP traffic. I know that the overall offered load is to be the same for both coexisting networks, but is possible in one network to have two type of different traffic. If so, how can be implemented this and where?

In my thesis work I'm trying evalute constant bit rate applications that generates also traffic in uplink and not only receive in downlink, I know that the simulations of the laa-wifi-simple scenario only consider the unlicensed downlink, I would like to know if is the same for the another two scenarios (indoor, outdoor) since in the information of the indoor scenario said that the program provide various statistics files as:

//  DlMacStats.txt
//  DlPdcpStats.txt
//  DlRlcStats.txt
//  DlRsrpSinrStats.txt
//  DlRxPhyStats.txt
//  DlTxPhyStats.txt
//  UlInterferenceStats.txt
//  UlRxPhyStats.txt
//  UlSinrStats.txt
//  UlTxPhyStats.txt

But really when I run the laa-wifi-indoor scenario with ascii files enabled, i don't obtain any information in this files, really I don't know if is necessary to do a specific configuration. On the other hand the in the scenario helper.cc of the laa-wifi-coexistence module in the part of TCPFlowMonitor is presente information about the statistics for the uplink (ACK stream --> This only provide information about the response of the UE to the client or also send useful information?) is possible to do this also for the other two types of traffics?

Also I would like to know if is possible change the number of BS and UE in the configuration, for example in the laa-wifi-simple the default configuration is

  bsNodesA.Create (1);
  bsNodesB.Create (1);
  ueNodesA.Create (1);
  ueNodesB.Create (1);

Will be possible increase the Number of UE in the nodes (e.g. ueNodesA: 20 and ueNodesB: 50 obviously depending on the cell configuration) or this leads to an erroneous result in the simulation. It could also be done for the other scenarios?... If it is possible you can provide me some information about how configurate a congestion situation in the simulator.

Finally, I would like to know how I can configurate the priority for a specific user, I was thinking in the configuration of the QoS class identifier (QCI) but I don't found where this is implemented.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Tommaso Pecorella

May 11, 2017, 9:04:17 PM5/11/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

a lot of questions, and I'm not able to answer 'em all. I'll do what I can - inline.

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 2:41:56 PM UTC+2, DavidCn S. wrote:
Hi all,

I have some questions about the LBT Wi-Fi Coexistence Module, I would appreciate your cordial help.

First of all, I wolud like to know if is possible to configure base stations to support both TCP, UDP traffic. I know that the overall offered load is to be the same for both coexisting networks, but is possible in one network to have two type of different traffic. If so, how can be implemented this and where?

Tutorial - you'll need to change the applications generating the data.

In my thesis work I'm trying evalute constant bit rate applications that generates also traffic in uplink and not only receive in downlink, I know that the simulations of the laa-wifi-simple scenario only consider the unlicensed downlink, I would like to know if is the same for the another two scenarios (indoor, outdoor) since in the information of the indoor scenario said that the program provide various statistics files as:

I have no idea about the stats files, but the only way to know the answer is to open the scenario files and check by yourself (if there is traffic on the uplink too).

[...]

You should read the tutorial... answering ALL of this is like doing your homework.

Finally, I would like to know how I can configurate the priority for a specific user, I was thinking in the configuration of the QoS class identifier (QCI) but I don't found where this is implemented.

No idea.

T.