Unicast packets are not getting sent/received

ashvini vyavhare

Jun 21, 2015, 12:48:34 PM6/21/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have developed a new module which uses UDP transmission. I have looked into different protocol implementations like RipNg, AODV etc and accordingly developed the module. In the simulation, multi-cast packets are getting received properly but unicast reply messages are not. I have same DoInitialize() as RipNg, creating sending Socket List and one receive socket. Where can be the problem? Any pointers will be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashvini

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 21, 2015, 5:42:09 PM6/21/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you could have found Bug #2124. Mind to check ?
If it's the same bug, I'll try to prioritize its fixing.

Cheers,

T.

ashvini vyavhare

Jun 22, 2015, 2:04:47 AM6/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tommaso,

Yeah the same problem I was facing. I checked the Bug report.
Adding receive callback and commenting ShutDownRecv() call on sending sockets created per interface solved the problem.
Thank you.

Regards,
Ashvini

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 22, 2015, 3:42:00 AM6/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

good to know. We'll try to fix the bug as soon as possible.

Cheers,

T.