OpenThread protocol stack in ns-3

Pradnya Belekar

Apr 4, 2024, 1:30:40 PMApr 4
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I am trying to build Openthread network of routers in ns-3. I understand that there is lr-wpan helper model in ns-3 and I spent hours studying it to implement Thread network. However, thread protocol uses a coordinator router and also a border router in a thread subnet. Also, the addressing scheme is a bit different.

Any idea how I can proceed?

Openthread has its own simulator but it won't let me change/analyze router nodes hence have to do It in ns-3. Any help/guidance is appreciated, thank you.

Jack Higgins

May 14, 2024, 1:26:54 AMMay 14
to ns-3-users
You could potentially integrate OpenThread and ns-3 but that work is not done, so if you want it you would have to develop it yourself (A shim layer)
In essence, you would need to develop the hooks between ns-3 lr-wpan and OpenThread.