UEs mobility and Uplink issue in laa-wifi-indoor

m.alh...@gmail.com

May 10, 2017, 9:36:13 AM5/10/17
to ns-3-users

Hello,

Question 1:  In laa-wifi-indoor scenario, the UEs for both operators are randomly dropped with non-mobile scenario (it means the UEs are static which is unrealistic somehow, because almost the UEs are mobile). Can we improve the scenario or the code to include this issue? what shall i need to do that?

Question 2:  In laa-wifi-indoor scenario, we deal with Downlink shared channel, can we consider the Uplink shared channel?. Can we improve the code to do that?.

Regards.

Tommaso Pecorella

May 11, 2017, 9:14:19 PM5/11/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

answers in-line.

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 3:36:13 PM UTC+2, m.alh...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

Question 1:  In laa-wifi-indoor scenario, the UEs for both operators are randomly dropped with non-mobile scenario (it means the UEs are static which is unrealistic somehow, because almost the UEs are mobile). Can we improve the scenario or the code to include this issue? what shall i need to do that?

Yes.
Read the tutorial (and perhaps the ns-3 manual), you'll learn how to do that.

Question 2:  In laa-wifi-indoor scenario, we deal with Downlink shared channel, can we consider the Uplink shared channel?. Can we improve the code to do that?.

Read the LAA documentation, I fear that the answer is no.

T.

Tom Henderson

May 12, 2017, 12:58:02 AM5/12/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 05/11/2017 06:14 PM, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:
Hi,

answers in-line.

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 3:36:13 PM UTC+2, m.alh...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

Question 1:  In laa-wifi-indoor scenario, the UEs for both operators are randomly dropped with non-mobile scenario (it means the UEs are static which is unrealistic somehow, because almost the UEs are mobile). Can we improve the scenario or the code to include this issue? what shall i need to do that?

Yes.
Read the tutorial (and perhaps the ns-3 manual), you'll learn how to do that.

The scenario corresponds to TR36.889 indoor scenario.  There is no indoor (within a building) mobility model.

Question 2:  In laa-wifi-indoor scenario, we deal with Downlink shared channel, can we consider the Uplink shared channel?. Can we improve the code to do that?.

Read the LAA documentation, I fear that the answer is no.
Not easily, I am told; it is a major effort for unlicensed uplink.