OSPF in DCE Quagga

Pratik Sinha

Dec 3, 2017, 9:26:49 AM12/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi!!

I was just trying to run a script in DCE Quagga which would use the OSPF routing protocol. However, I found that packets were not getting routed. On further investigation, I found that the the Ipv4L3Protocol was dropping the OSPF packets (Protocol 89) due to bad checksum!! I tried the included example (dce-quagga-ospfd) and found that the problem exists in that one too!!

However, I do remember that a few years back, I had been able to successfully run DCE Quagga scripts.

My first guess is that I am now using Ubuntu 16.10 which may have something to do with all this. Before I reinstall/downgrade Ubuntu to 14.10 (the version which had worked for me earlier), I would just like to confirm this issue of DCE Quagga with Ubuntu 16.10.

Regards,
Pratik.

Matt Anonyme

Dec 7, 2017, 9:41:02 PM12/7/17
to ns-3-users

Spencer Neuschmid

Mar 4, 2020, 7:28:44 PM3/4/20
to ns-3-users
This solution does not work. Does anyone know a solution that does work?

I am trying to run a simple ping application between two nodes in the network and they are not being forwarded properly using ns-3 DCE quagga ospfd.

Thank you!

Spencer Neuschmid

Apr 13, 2020, 6:43:55 PM4/13/20
to ns-3-users
Is there anyone that uses Quagga that can help me with this problem please? It seems that even control packets between OSPF routers are not always sent as expected either.