Upgrading from ns-3.18 to ns-3.19 ?

Hadeel Alghafari

Mar 24, 2014, 9:47:26 AM3/24/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've installed ns-3.18.2 but I noticed that it just has automatic handover trigger depending on RRC UE measurements, so I need ns-3.19 that includes some handover algorithms , so how can I upgrade the version from ns-3.18 to ns-3.19 ? or should I have to delete it and install the newest version again?
Can anybody help please,
Thanks.

Konstantinos

Mar 24, 2014, 10:01:07 AM3/24/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you haven't done any changes in the NS-3 tree (only creating your own scripts) then you can simply download the ns-3.19 release and copy your scripts there.
In NS-3 there is no 'install'. So you can simultaneously use multiple releases, copies. Just in different folders.
If you have made changes in the ns-3 tree, you need to track those first, and re-do them in ns-3.19.

There is a patch to upgrade ns-3.18.1 to ns-3.19 (https://www.nsnam.org/ns-3-19/), but since you use ns-3.18.2, it might fail.

Tom Henderson

Mar 24, 2014, 11:48:04 AM3/24/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
You can find a patch for upgrading from ns-3.18.1 (also works for
ns-3.18.2) at this web page:
http://www.nsnam.org/ns-3-19/

Information about how to apply it can be found here:
http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/User_FAQ#Upgrading_ns-3

- Tom

Hadeel Alghafari

Mar 24, 2014, 8:49:25 PM3/24/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks alot .

Agnes Ling

Mar 28, 2014, 11:05:22 PM3/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos,

I have this error when i tried to build ns-3.19.

src/flow-monitor/bindings/ns3module.cc: In function ‘PyObject* _wrap_PyNs3FlowMonitor_SetFlowClassifier(PyNs3FlowMonitor*, PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
src/flow-monitor/bindings/ns3module.cc:2372:16: error: ‘class ns3::FlowMonitor’ has no member named ‘SetFlowClassifier’

can you please guide me how to solve this error?

thanks in advance

regards,
Agnes

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 29, 2014, 2:53:01 AM3/29/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Agnes,

I guess (from other threads) that you're adding the FlowMon IPv6 support to ns-3.19.

A pointed out previously, the error you're facing is related to Python bindings, and the only solutions is to regenerate them (or to disable Python).
The alternative is to upgrade to ns-3-dev once the FlowMon support to IPv6 will be merged (I hope soon).

About regenerating Python bindings, the guide is here: http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Python_bindings
However, you'll also need some extra packages installed in your PC, like Python headers, vccxml and so on. It's all explained in the guide.

Cheers,

T.

Agnes Ling

Mar 30, 2014, 12:50:38 AM3/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi T,

The error has been fixed.

Thanks for your guide.

currently, have an error here when i tried to build..

../src/flow-monitor/model/ipv6-flow-probe.cc: In member function ‘void ns3::Ipv6FlowProbe::DropLogger(const ns3::Ipv6Header&, ns3::Ptr<const ns3::Packet>, ns3::Ipv6L3Protocol::DropReason, ns3::Ptr<ns3::Ipv6>, uint32_t)’:
../src/flow-monitor/model/ipv6-flow-probe.cc:364:13: error: ‘DROP_UNKNOWN_OPTION’ is not a member of ‘ns3::Ipv6L3Protocol’
../src/flow-monitor/model/ipv6-flow-probe.cc:368:14: error: ‘DROP_MALFORMED_HEADER’ is not a member of ‘ns3::Ipv6L3Protocol’
../src/flow-monitor/model/ipv6-flow-probe.cc:372:14: error: ‘DROP_FRAGMENT_TIMEOUT’ is not a member of ‘ns3::Ipv6L3Protocol’

However, when i have removed the above commands everything is looks fine..
so, should i remove the above commands from "ipv6-flow-probe.cc file?

and do you have any examples for flow-monitor in IPv6?

thanks in advanced.

regards,
Agnes

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 30, 2014, 2:15:55 AM3/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm glad you fixed the error. The things you have removed are related to another change to the IPv6 that have to be done together with FlowMonitor-IPv6 in order to catch packet drops due to extension handling. A thing that probably won't change much your data.

About examples, you can just use the normal examples, just changing the addresses from v4 to v6.

Cheers,

T.