Writing a Pcap file for BLE format

Kartik Patel

Jun 16, 2016, 3:29:34 AM6/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,
I have created a new module for Bluetooth Low Energy. I would like to know how should I write a PCAP file using Helper functions. I checked helper function of Lr-Wpan module. But they have used a variable `DST_802_15_4` (something like that) and directly connected the traces.

So, if anyone have created a pcap format themselves, then kindly explain where should I start.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 16, 2016, 5:48:01 AM6/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

the values are the ones used by Wireshark. You can simply download the Wireshark sources (or search them online) and check what values are they using for Bluetooth.
In the most recent Wireshark sources it should be here: wireshark-2.0.4/epan/dissectors/file-pcapng.c
There are some entries with "Bluetooth" in them, just pick the one that is right for you :)

Cheers,

T.
Message has been deleted

Kartik Patel

Jun 16, 2016, 6:34:32 AM6/16/16
to ns-3-users
Thank you for your reply.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 16, 2016, 7:24:09 AM6/16/16
to ns-3-users
Great reference. We should mention it in the documentation !

T.