LTE change earfcn during simulation

TIM

Oct 22, 2017, 3:40:27 AM10/22/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

Is it possible to change LTE ulearfcn/dlearfcn during the simulation.
I have tried to use LteUeNetDevice::SetDlEarfcn and LteEnbNetDevice:: SetDlEarfcn.
But they still don't work on the new earfcn.
Could anyone tell me how to correctly change it during the simulation

Tnanks a lot!!

Zoraze Ali

Oct 22, 2017, 5:14:36 PM10/22/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Tim,
Have a look at this old discussion,
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/ns-3 users/Changing$20Lte$20frequency$20at$20run$20time/ns-3-users/j91QwRexCag

Kind regards,
Zoraze

TIM

Oct 23, 2017, 11:39:54 AM10/23/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Zoraze,

Thanks your reply.
Although I use Hongyu's method, I still have some problems.
If you know how to fix it, could you tell me in Hongyu's discussion? I post my question in there.

Zoraze Ali

Oct 23, 2017, 12:39:31 PM10/23/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Tim,

That post is one year old, so I would reply on this one. I have never tried to play with this parameter, however, as per the reply from Marco in that old post, it is not that easy. How about following his suggestion of using CA? You can now use CA as it is already there in dev and ns-3.27.

Kind regards,
Zoraze

TIM

Oct 24, 2017, 11:27:08 AM10/24/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Zoraze,

Thanks your reply! I will try CA to micic LTE TX on different channel.
Did you ever use CA in the past?
I have some problems when I setting the CA. I want to set the specific channel when using LetHelper and change used CC after the configuration.

Kind regards,
TIM

TIM

Nov 2, 2017, 8:04:35 AM11/2/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

Does anyone can help me solve this problems?
I try survey on CA in ns3.27. But I can't find where I should change to complete the channel switch.

From now on, There are three possible solution.
1. CA (not sure)
2. Hongyu's method (in my test it can't work)
3. multiple Enb/Ue devices (It is not supported in basic ns3)

Does any know use above solutions or other solution to finish channel switch in LTE.

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
TIM