wifi interference with considering distance and Tx power (in infrastructure WLAN)

Scapegoat

Dec 11, 2014, 3:57:45 AM12/11/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all.
I am new to NS3. After learning the example wifi-simple-interference.cc, i find it dose not take Tx power and distance between the nodes into account. Therefore, if i want to consider Tx power and distance in infra WIFI, what should i do? For instance, i want to simulate the scenery is that two group independent BSS which every IBSS has an AP and only one STA, how should i write NS-3 script to simulate and then get throughput in this scenery?Thanks very much!
     Best Regards

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 11, 2014, 5:10:39 AM12/11/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

that example is carefully crafted to show how two overlapping packets will interfere.
In the simulations both Tx power, Rx power and node distances are taken into consideration.

About your scenario, simply have the same Channel object, same channel number and different SSIDs.

Hope this helps,

T.

Shi Su

Dec 23, 2014, 4:34:58 AM12/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tom
First of all, thanks for your advise. These days i tried to program a script to simulate the throughput of the wifi network which consist of two APs and two STAs. One AP and one STA belonges to a BSS and another two nodes belong to other BSS. But the program does't work, ie. there are no data frames transmitting between AP and STA. I do my best to review my code but have no ideal where has a problem. I have upload the source code and hope you can check my code and give me some advise. Thank you!
   Best Regards
       Shi

wifi-2pair-ap-sta_2.cc

Sebastien Deronne

Jan 5, 2015, 12:32:10 PM1/5/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried reducing the distance between APs and STas?
100 meters may be too much in some cases to achieve a transmission!

Please always mention the ns-3 version you are working with if you want us to test your script.
It is obviously recommended to work with the latest stable release (currently ns-3.21) or even better with ns-3-dev (always up to date but less stable).

Shi Su

Jan 6, 2015, 1:16:58 AM1/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!The problem has been solved!Indeed the distance between two nodes is much greater. Thank you for recommendation, i will be careful!