Bug in NS-3.30.1

Rajarishi Devarajan

Oct 21, 2019, 7:07:05 AM10/21/19
to ns-3-users
I have a simple scenario using WiFi 802.11n standard with a Minstrel-HT rate control algorithm. STA moving towards the AP.
The AP sends packets towards the STA. I do not see a single data packet being received by the STA.
The antenna signal is much better than -82 dbm and even reaches -60 dbm after a while, but still no data packets received by the STA.

The simple script is attached here for reproduction.
I could not attach the PCAP file as it is too large.
moving-downlink.cc
Message has been deleted

Rajarishi Devarajan

Oct 21, 2019, 9:19:02 AM10/21/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Enid,

Yes, the initial position is quite far. But the STA gets closer to the AP as the simulation progresses. Therefore, there must be some successful reception at some point in time.

Regards,
Rishi

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:21 PM Enid <tom.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rajarishi

Initial station position seems to be far in my opinion. On reducing the same it works perfectly fine.

Thanks
Enid

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Abin Thomas

Oct 21, 2019, 10:35:02 AM10/21/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajarishi

Yes, I realized that and I deleted the post :). I hadn't run the scenario on an older version. After doing so, I realized that the preamble detection is implemented in the latest version. the remainingPreambleHeaderDuration is 0.0ns for longer distances and hence the scheduled continuereceivepayload function is not invoked. Whereas for shorter distances the value is greater than zero and hence invoked.

Thanks
Enid

Rajarishi Devarajan

Oct 21, 2019, 10:47:53 AM10/21/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Enid,

Thank you for your reply. I do not understand entirely. So, the preamble detection is enabled when the devices are at smaller distance. So, there should be some packets received by the STA when it is close to AP.
Is this a bug ? Or I am missing something ?

Thanks and Regards,
Rishi