RSSI values inconsistent with actual measurements in LTE

parishad karimi

Sep 29, 2015, 11:14:31 AM9/29/15
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,
I am running the lena-simple-epc.cc with adding the LogDistancePathlossmodel to it and have the UE move with the speed of 2m/s away from the eNB which is 20 meters tall. I am looking at the RSSI values reported (which is the "rsrqSum" reported in lte-ue-phy.cc from my understanding). I see the values reported range from -93 to -134 dB, and the problem is when I check the MCS values it seems like for the RSSI range [-93, -112], the MCS is 28. Also if set the height of the eNB to be 0 meter (to find the max RSSI), the max RSSI will be -54 which will be mapped to MCS 28 again. So basically for the RSSI range of [-54, -112] the MCS is 28. (using PiroEW2010 AmcModel)
By looking at real world measurements a UE will report, RSSI ranges ~ [-60, -105], and this should not be mapped to MCS 28!

kiran kumar

Nov 13, 2015, 2:59:45 AM11/13/15
to ns-3-users
please send me rssi implementation code