How to set packet loss rate in wifi and lte

tina

Feb 5, 2017, 11:11:37 PM2/5/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Everyone,

I wish to set packet loss rate for wifi and lte for example 10% or 5%. Setting packet loss rate for wired is easy with SetReceiveErrorModel and RateErrorModel but it made me confuse with wifi and lte.
For wifi i found YansErrorRateModel but there is not any parameter that i can set  error rate value. what is the way to set it?

and also for lte i checked examples of lte in src/lte but i couldn't find any example to set error rate . Is it possible to do that? Could you please send me any example?

Thanks in advance

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 10, 2017, 6:52:54 PM2/10/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it's not that easy. Wireless models error rate depends on the node distance and the modulation used by the nodes. It would be handy, but we didn't think to a way to set a given error rate like in the wired systems, sorry.

Cheers,

T.

Anshu Bhan

May 13, 2017, 1:53:55 PM5/13/17
to ns-3-users
Hello mam

 your wifi and lte communication is successful? can you please send me the script for help

Thank you

Regards
Anshu Bhan

Anshu Bhan

May 13, 2017, 1:55:24 PM5/13/17
to ns-3-users
You can apply if condition at access point in wifi module so that it will drop packet sometimes...like 15% 25% drop packets.

Tommaso Pecorella

May 14, 2017, 4:07:59 PM5/14/17
to ns-3-users
This question has been asked (and answered) too many times. Read the posting guidelines (2).

T.