How to pass flag to GCC?

Paulo Alexandre Regis

Apr 2, 2018, 3:43:07 PM4/2/18
to ns-3-users
I'm compiling ns-3 on a raspberry pi. It compiles ok, but it spits a lot of messages like this: "note: parameter passing for argument of type '...' will change in GCC 7.1"

I googled around and from [1] looks like if I pass the flag '-Wno-psabi' to GCC it should silence that message.

I tried adding this command to the wscript: add_gcc_flag('-Wno-psabi') right where a bunch of this commands are called, but the note message keeps appearing when compiling.

Is there another way to hide those annoying messages?

Paulo Alexandre Regis

Apr 2, 2018, 3:44:02 PM4/2/18
to ns-3-users

Ahmed Khalifa

May 8, 2018, 12:58:24 PM5/8/18
to ns-3-users
Simply, ns3 must be compiled using -std=c++0x.