Channel Assignment to Various Basic Service Sets (BSS)

Manish Puraswani

Nov 5, 2016, 7:18:06 AM11/5/16
to ns-3-users, Ravi Sindal
Dear All
I am simulating 802.11 WiFi in Ns3 , for same I want to know
1)whether NS3 assign channel to all BSS in Random Manner or in any sequential manner ,
2) From where I can get info of channel assign to current BSS.

please help me

With Regards
Manish Puraswani

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 5, 2016, 9:12:27 AM11/5/16
to ns-3-users, ravis...@gmail.com
It's manual, see examples/wireless//80211e-txop.cc and examples/wireless//wifi-aggregation.cc.

T.

Manish Puraswani

Nov 10, 2016, 8:03:54 AM11/10/16
to ns-3-users, ravis...@gmail.com

Dear Sir;

Thanks for your kind reply ,after reading above examples I found that it is done by
(Line no 92 in 80211e-txop.cc)
phy.Set ("ChannelNumber", UintegerValue(36));

but the same call for method "Set" not found in other tutorials like third.cc
I tried lot of times to explore YansWiFiHelper and other relevant classes but unable to understand that how channel was assign in third.cc.

Requesting you to please explain same.

Regards
Manish Puraswani