hwmp protocol mac implementation with incomplete functionality.

David Peláez

Apr 19, 2018, 6:49:42 AM4/19/18
to ns-3-users
Hello everybody,

I have been working with 802.11s ns3 implementation and looking inside the source code i have find out that hwmp-protocol-mac.cc class plug in does not cover all the cases for the Address extension mode subfield. Specifically on the function ReceiveData as you can see in the following piece of code taken from the class named before. This begin on line 57 in the source code.

HwmpProtocolMac::ReceiveData (Ptr<Packet> packet, const WifiMacHeader & header)
{
   NS_LOG_FUNCTION (this << packet << header);
   NS_ASSERT (header.IsData ());

  MeshHeader meshHdr;
  HwmpTag tag;
  if (packet->PeekPacketTag (tag))
  {
  NS_FATAL_ERROR ("HWMP tag is not supposed to be received by network");
  }

  packet->RemoveHeader (meshHdr);
  m_stats.rxDataBytes += packet->GetSize ();

  Mac48Address destination;
  Mac48Address source;
  switch (meshHdr.GetAddressExt ())
  {
  case 0:
  source = header.GetAddr4 ();
  destination = header.GetAddr3 ();
  break;
  default:
  "6-address scheme is not yet supported and 4-address extension is not supposed to be used for data frames.");
  }
  tag.SetSeqno (meshHdr.GetMeshSeqno ());
  tag.SetTtl (meshHdr.GetMeshTtl ());
  packet->AddPacketTag (tag);

  if ((destination == Mac48Address::GetBroadcast ()) && (m_protocol->DropDataFrame (meshHdr.GetMeshSeqno (),
  source)))
  {
  return false;
  }
  return true;
}

The main problem is on the switch cases. When a pecket is received and and when checking for the mesh header, this is defined only for the case where address extension mode value is "0". For the other cases (1, 2, 3) there is no functionality implemented.

My question is: Is there anybody working on this, there is a patch for this? or on the other hand, is it possible to extend the functionality of the mesh point to allow the Address5&6 extension mode just adding the other cases to this class?

Best regards
David

David Peláez

Apr 25, 2018, 6:45:48 AM4/25/18
to ns-3-users
Is there anyone here that can help me with this question?

Best regards