WAVE not Working in vanet-routing-compare.cc example

Fateh BOUDARDARA

Sep 28, 2019, 4:14:04 AM9/28/19
to ns-3-users
I am trying to use WAVE for vehicular network simulation using SUMO to generate real traffic. I have found in src/wave/examples/ an example which is dealing with that: vanet-routing-compare.cc. I copied the file into the scratch folder and compile it successfully.

When I used wifi802.11p or wifi802.11b everything works very well (the statistics results got by using WaveBsmHelper are shown also). However, when I change the mode to WAVE (command line: --mode=3) I get all the PRD values equal to 0, and the throughput = 0 as well.

I tried to change the safety range and the size of the grid (where the nodes are supposed to be created and they move within that area) but still I have the same results (ZEROS).

Are there errors in the code? are there any paramter settings to set for WAVE to work? I have checked the documentation and the tutorial but I did not find anything.