Trouble with LTE module

aadesh shah

May 19, 2020, 5:48:20 AM5/19/20
to ns-3-users
Hello All,

With the 4G module, I have some issues, it would be great if you can help me that:
I want to check for the packet loss, I am using flow monitor and I am can calculate the packet loss there. I even checked the RLC, PDCP and MAC trace for the packet loss. My hypothesis is  that I am losing packets in the RRC buffer. Is there a way to check? I want to check this as the network is providing unrealistic values for 4G as the basic code that reliability of 97% with latency to be 11ms. I am assuming this can be due to the issue where the nodes are very close to the base station as I am trying to replicate the indoor environment for IoT using LTE. To solve this issue I need to change the propagation model. As I have added the fading model too.
In the ns3 document of propagation loss model https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/propagation.html there is "ThreeGppPropagationLossModel" mentioned but there is no file or class defined in the Propagation model. I want to use the indoor office scenario for my LTE scenario. Can someone help me implement it? Or guide me on how I can use it?

I have attached my code to this mail.
Thank you,
Aadesh Shah
lena-simple-epc.cc

aadesh shah

May 20, 2020, 5:09:58 AM5/20/20
to ns-3-users
Sorry to spam but any help would be appreciated

Adesoji Bello

May 20, 2020, 6:54:09 AM5/20/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would get back today .

Best regards.

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Adesoji Bello

May 20, 2020, 8:30:13 AM5/20/20
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Use this snippet in your code to adjust the scenario below:

 Config::SetDefault ("ns3::MmWave3gppPropagationLossModel::Scenario", StringValue ("UMa")); //Urban Macro

Instead of "UMa" for Urban Macro, replace it with the acronym of Indoor in the attached image.

I hope this helps.
Screenshot from 2020-05-20 08-27-18.png

aadesh shah

May 21, 2020, 6:29:07 AM5/21/20
to ns-3-users
Hello Adesoji,

Thanks for the reply. But the implementation you mentioned is for the mmwave module. I looking for the implementation for the LTE module. For the LTE module the file is " threegppPropationLossModel". Now this is mentioned in the link here https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/propagation.html but I can't find the files or its implementation anywhere. Or can I simply use the implementation of mmwave module? But in that case I have to use mmwaveHelper and that wont be an LTE solution.

Can you help me with this?

Or you have any suggestion of going around this?

Let me know if it is possible.

Thank You,
Aadesh Shah

muhammad suleiman

Jun 9, 2020, 10:17:14 PM6/9/20
to ns-3-users
please can you help the process of how to run the code from scratch  im new to ns3, install all the necessary  file , im working on mmwave

muhammad suleiman

Jun 9, 2020, 10:17:55 PM6/9/20
to ns-3-users

Rahul Singh Gulia

Nov 15, 2020, 7:39:58 PM11/15/20
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I have learned a lot from Adil Alsuhaim videos.
I am sure you will too.

Regards,
Rahul