How to get packet time?

Mikael Priamuda

Dec 1, 2014, 2:15:18 AM12/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, I have a new problem. I want to calculate "tcMessage last time - tcMessage first time". But how I get the time of this packet? Can anyone help me?

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 1, 2014, 3:23:49 AM12/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the manual and the tutorial can help you for sure. Google as well (this topic has been discussed in the past).

I'd check in particular the Flowmonitor module and the examples/udp/udp-echo.cc script. As an hint, UdpClient and UdpServer apps use a nice method to know when a packet has been sent (and received).

I hope I caught the meaning of your message, as "tcMessage last time" really doesn't mean anything to me.

Cheers,

T.