Sending an Action Frame in 802.11

Cosmos

Dec 21, 2017, 9:58:33 AM12/21/17
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to spot the line of code where an action frame is being sent in Wifi. In the attached figure of a pcap file, the action frame can be seen; it is sent from a station to the AP. I've looked around in sta-wifi-mac.cc and wifi-net-device.cc but can't seem to find where exactly this frame is being sent.

Can anyone help me figure out where exactly the header is being changed, to make it an action frame? As per wifi-mac-header.cc, the action frame is a management frame (m_ctrlType = TYPE_MGT and m_ctrlSubtype = 13). I'm running the example code - examples/wireless/wifi-tcp.cc

Thanks!
Cosmos
action.png

Cosmos

Dec 21, 2017, 10:08:29 AM12/21/17
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I found the code. This thread can serve as future reference.

I did a grep on "hdr.SetAction" and it popped up in regular-wifi-mac.cc and edca-txop-n.cc.

Cosmos