LTE BLER for Qin and Qout threshold

Bob

Dec 22, 2014, 12:38:28 PM12/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to understand how a fix RLF and handover failure based on Nicola's comments.

in-sinc and out-of-sync are generated based estimated BLER > 2%BLER_hyp and BLER < 10%BLER_hyp, respectively.

BLER_hyp is the block error rate of a hypothetical PDCCH transmission taking into account the PCFICHerrors with transmission parameters specified in Table 7.6.1-2 of 3GPP TS 36.133.

1) I'm not an expert about physical layer. I'm asking how to compute BLER_hyp because in the referenced table I can only see dB values.

2) From LteUEPhy is the current BLER available; if not, how do I compute it?

Mitsuo SAKAMOTO

Jan 7, 2015, 12:00:14 AM1/7/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bob,

Sorry late info, because you already start another thread....
I would like to clarify your question. If my understanding is correct, you would like to know the value of Qin and Qout. is this correct?
If yes, 5.2.1 of 3GPP TR36.839 may give them as an example. If not, sorry I posted the wrong info.

as far as I know, Vienna LTE link level simulator does not support PDCCH. as an open source to support PDCCH, I know only "understanding LTE with Matlab ". the program can be gotten from http://www.wiley.com//legacy/wileychi/zarrinkoub/ . LTE toolbox can simulate PDCCH too.

And I have a question for my clarification.  Which 3GPP release are you referring to? I assume it is Release 9...

best regards,

Mitsuo

2014年12月23日火曜日 2時38分28秒 UTC+9 Bob:

Bob

Jan 7, 2015, 11:38:50 AM1/7/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mitsuo,
thanks for helping.
From 36.839, it looks like those values are -8 and -6dB.

I also opened a new thread, as I'm having issues with propagating some information from UE physical layer to RRC

if you could take a look, that would be great also!

Thank you,