Is there any way to customize every packet and send using UDP?

lxdjame...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2018, 3:49:30 PM2/4/18
to ns-3-users
I know "UdpEchoCilent" has a function "SetFill" that can set the content of packets for each client. However, I am wondering if there is a way to cutomize every packet to simulate the real data traffic? I know there is a class "Packet" but I do not know how to use it and send it. Any help would be appreciated.

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 5, 2018, 12:08:27 AM2/5/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,

this has been covered many times.
Shortly put: it depends on the packet you have to build and how you plan to decode it afterwards.
Mind that the SetFill function (study it to learn how it works on a low level on the bare packet) is extremely powerful.

T.

lxdjame...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2018, 11:42:22 AM2/5/18
to ns-3-users
Hi Tommaso,

Thanks for your help. In this topic https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ns-3-users/zZulmS2JR2E, someone said "If you want to have an application that sends different data for each packet, you need to develop it.". Is it also true for the newest release now?
在 2018年2月5日星期一 UTC-5上午12:08:27,Tommaso Pecorella写道:

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 7, 2018, 10:27:36 PM2/7/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,