actual error simulation

grim

Feb 20, 2015, 2:32:51 PM2/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to actually build a network and simulate propagation errors?  So far I have only found model class that don't seem to have any methods that are made to interact with a network.

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 20, 2015, 2:37:13 PM2/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

grim

Feb 20, 2015, 2:53:21 PM2/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I did look. Maybe you could explain how I tie it in with the network. I don't work on this for fun, this is part of an assignment, but our teacher is some stupid adjunct who doesn't even know how to use NS3 himself and just thought it was a great idea to make us use it. The kind of method parameters that I was expecting to see were something along the lines of nodes, node containers, network container, or maybe even an application object.  I have code for a meshnetwork, and I have to incoporate a propagation error in it.
I assume I use the calcRx method, but there is only one mobilityhelper object in my code.

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 20, 2015, 4:33:44 PM2/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

maybe your stupid teacher wants you to discover stuff (or maybe (s)he is just stupid.
Anyway, the answer is in examples/wireless/wifi-simple-adhoc.cc (for example). Search for the function "YansWifiChannelHelper::AddPropagationLoss".

Good luck, and TRY to have fun (even in things you consider stupid). You'll learn much more.

T.

Brandon Perkins

Feb 20, 2015, 4:38:11 PM2/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you. I don't consider this stupid it actually sounds very cool and provided that I had the time it would be easier to understand. The adjunct was just some last minute replacement to the class who at the last minute decided to change up some of our future hw assignments.