Compare RSRQ values of two UEs

kostask

Apr 1, 2014, 1:22:26 PM4/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a scenario where UE1 is attached to an eNB and UE2 is attached to a second eNB which has a different EARFCN from the first one. Both UEs start from the same spot and are moving together. When i run the simulation i get RSRQ values for both UEs.
My question is how UE1 can compare it's RSRQ value with the respective value of UE2. After that i want to trigger a manual handover to the second eNB.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Konstantinos

Apr 1, 2014, 3:18:09 PM4/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just think a little out of the box and imagine a real system. You have your phone and you want to know what is the RSRQ of the phone of your friend next to you.
In a network simulator it may be easy to do it since you have complete control of the system. But in a real system, you have to 'ask' in order to get it. You have to create this procedure, define the message to be exchanged and send it (through the logical channel ?).

kostask

Apr 3, 2014, 5:55:43 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
First of all, thank you konstantine for your quick answer.

As a newbie in ns3, i'm confused about it...
I hope to find my way about that.
Thank you for the tip anyway!!!

kostask

Apr 23, 2014, 1:13:47 PM4/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,
If someone had a similar problem and want to share his/her solution with me, and others of course, please reply.