Finding out number of re-transmission in MAC layer and wireless channel condition for 802.15.4

Hasibul Jamil

Nov 22, 2018, 7:45:23 PM11/22/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I was working with a WSN project based on IEEE 802.15.4 as MAC and physical layer. There, one node was trying to probe some packets in the wireless channel to gauge channel condition.

To carry out that function, it is required to measure the number of re-transmissions (topology is Node1 -----Node2:  where ----- is a wireless channel,point to point) that are occurring in IEEE 802.15.4 .

1. An application will handover packets to MAC, and if the wireless channel is bad (corrupted & lost packet in the receiver), the IEEE802.15.4 netdevice of sending node should re-transmit. Where and how should I look for this retransmission in MAC layer of NS-3?

Suppose in the application layer of the Tx node, I have 5 messages (one session) to send to Rx node. Depending on the wireless, channel condition the actual number of transmission in MAC level for Tx node could be from 5 or more than 5. I need to calculate this MAC layer packet transmission number for this 5 original application layer messages.

2. How and which parameter I should look to calculate the SNIR or rssi value (with propagation loss) at the Rx net devices ?

Thanks & Regards
Jamil Hasibul

Sabrina Kab

Apr 5, 2022, 6:18:14 PM4/5/22