Need guidance on implementation of Ipv6 for Aodv

Shashidhar B.L

Mar 2, 2015, 10:53:54 AM3/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have decided to use Ipv6 for a route over implementation using a routing protocol, AODV. I am going to create new objects which shall make use of existing Ipv6 stack. For the same reason, I am looking for suggestions, if I should make whole new files for the AODV, for example if the existing file is: aodvroutingprotocol. so should i create a new file which uses only ipv6 stack and name it, say, aodv6routingprotocol. Or should i just include objects of ipv6 in existing implementations. As creating new files might require modifications in the make file.

I am awaiting credible suggestions, would be grateful for it.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Shashidhar B.L

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 2, 2015, 11:52:20 AM3/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd modify the existing module, eventually adding classes / files.
One of your goals should be to avoid duplicate code, as this will for sure lead to duplicate bugs and difficult to maintain codebase.

Cheers,

T.

Shashidhar B.L

Mar 3, 2015, 6:57:08 AM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am glad to have received a reply from you Tommaso. I shall consider your suggestions.

Thank You
Regards
Shashidhar B.L