Problem in visualization

Milad Mhb

Jan 26, 2016, 11:41:59 AM1/26/16
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I am using "WaypointMobility Model" for my nodes, and feed a next position to each node in a realtime (i.e., using AddWaypoint() ) while simulation is getting executed (not predefined).

My problem is in visualization, that is when I use (./waf --run scratch/pgm.cc --visulaize ), Here I explained to different case:

1) If I use predefined position for nodes, In other word, if whole path to travel (i.e., set of <Waypoint, time>) for each node is given to it before simulation start, then there is no problem in viusalization, everything load fine.

2) If I don't give predefined path and feed the position in realtime while execution, then no window for visualization would load at all, my simulation would happen correctly with no problem but no visualization.

Can any one plz help how can I do visualization in second case? and I dont want use netanim as I need realtime visualization while execution of scenario.

Thanks,

Milad Mhb

Feb 1, 2016, 11:40:09 AM2/1/16
to ns-3-users
Can any body explain how --visualize option work in waf ?
or How it initialize (load) the scenario? (I'm interested in loading part of it, before the simulation start)

If I know its structure may be I figure where the problem is.!

Regards

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 1, 2016, 4:37:09 PM2/1/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

sorry, I forgot to reply to the previous message.

The summary is: I don't know, especially because I don't know how you're adding dynamically the waypoints.
If you've changed the SimulatorImpl class to feed the data in real-time, then this is the problem. The visualizer option needs to use VisualSimulatorImpl class, which is mutually exclusive with respect to other SimulatorImpl classes.

Hope this helps,

T.