Any official ns-3 docker images with optimized size for emulation?

Percy Liu

Jun 19, 2024, 10:47:26 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

when I use ns-3 for network protocol emulation, the dependencies to compile ns-3 usually take a lot of disk space on my laptop. Also, sometimes it might be slow for first-time compiling ns-3.

Is there any plan to maintain an official ns-3 docker images like this one hub.docker.com/r/wirepas/ns3-docker? It is supposed to benefit for the community as it can not only minimize the image size but also catch up the latest release source code.

Best,
Percy Liu

Tom Henderson

Jun 19, 2024, 10:51:31 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Percy Liu
I believe that there has been some interest but we may be lacking a
volunteer to maintain such images. General-purpose images are available
from the GitLab.com CI system but nothing tuned for emulation. If you
or anyone would like to help with such maintenance, please volunteer on
the ns-developers email list or in our Zulip chatroom.

- Tom