Using Containers in LTE simulations

Quentin Ricard

Sep 13, 2018, 8:41:45 AM9/13/18
to ns-3-users
I discovered that NS3 can interact with the real world using containers. The NS3 documentation provide an example that simulate an ad-hoc network provided here.

I wanted to tune this example in order to replace the ad-hoc network part with an LTE.

But then, I read here that BridgeNetDevices work only with WiFi and CSMA, (however I'm having trouble understanding if it also is the case for TapBridgeNetworkDevices).
However, I met the following error when trying to start the simulation :
        msg="TapBridge::SetBridgedDevice: Device does not support eui 48 addresses: cannot be added to bridge.",
        file
=../src/tap-bridge/model/tap-bridge.cc, line=898

I managed to bypass this error by removing the check in ns3 which prove to work for now, but it is absolutely not suitable in the long run

Thus I would like to know if it could be possible to make it work with 64b mac addresses, if not is there room for contribution in that regard ?
If so, can someone provide me with tips in order to make this possible ?

Best regards.