RTP in NS-3.5.1 and Using eclipse for programming

1043 views
Skip to first unread message

Bernardo Augusto Garcia Loaiza

unread,
Oct 13, 2009, 6:03:25 PM10/13/09
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Friends NS3 Group.

I have some questions, which I hope can help me :-)

  • In this moment i am trying programming a model for send packets RTP via Wifi in a topology of two or more nodes.
          Currently i am in the begin stage of this problem or model.

          I want to ask if NS3 is able to work with the RTP protocol, to level their characters as delay, jitter, among others.

          Ie in the Doxygen API available there the topic or funcionality for programming with of Real Time Protocol?

          If so, can I add or work with any other API for this, if one exists?

  • I like programming with eclipse in NS3,  may be possible add Doxygen API for the eclipse IDE understands and can have access to all its abstraction (methods and classes) from eclipse? or How to integrate Eclipse IDE with NS-3.5.1 for programming in the simulator?

 Thanks for your help friends 

 
--
Bernardo Augusto García Loaiza
bgar...@ieee.org

tiAG

unread,
Oct 22, 2009, 12:10:30 PM10/22/09
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I have the same problem, i would like to know how to programming with
eclipse in NS3, if you got some responses, can u tell it?

thanks,
Tiago Estevão

On 13 Out, 23:03, Bernardo Augusto Garcia Loaiza <botib...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello Friends NS3 Group.
>
> I have some questions, which I hope can help me :-)
>
>    - In this moment i am trying programming a model for send packets RTP via
>    Wifi in a topology of two or more nodes.
>
>           Currently i am in the begin stage of this problem or model.
>
>           I want to ask if NS3 is able to work with the RTP protocol, to
> level their characters as delay, jitter, among others.
>
>           Ie in the Doxygen API available there the topic or funcionality
> for programming with of Real Time Protocol?
>
>           If so, can I add or work with any other API for this, if one
> exists?
>
>    - I like programming with eclipse in NS3,  may be possible add Doxygen
>    API for the eclipse IDE understands and can have access to all its
>    abstraction (methods and classes) from eclipse? or How to integrate Eclipse
>    IDE with NS-3.5.1 for programming in the simulator?
>
>  Thanks for your help friends
>
> --
> Bernardo Augusto García Loaiza
> bgarc...@ieee.org
Message has been deleted

Mihir Daftari

unread,
Oct 22, 2009, 2:52:03 PM10/22/09
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Ardomar loja

unread,
Oct 23, 2009, 11:14:34 AM10/23/09
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hey
Thanks, Mihal, This is a great tutorial!
But now how can i run my projects in scratch??

thanks,
Tiago Estevão


2009/10/22 Mihal Brumbulli <mbrum...@gmail.com>

Hi,

I am actually working with ns3 in eclipse.
The procedure I used in order to do that is as follows:

Considering you have installed Eclipse with CDT (C/C++ development
tools)
1. Copy ns3 folder (i.e. ns-3-dev) in your workspace folder (i.e. /
home/x/workspace)
2. Run eclipse, File->New->C++ Project, select Makefile project->Empty
project, and name the project using the name of the ns3 folder you
copied (ns-3-dev)
3. Now that you have your ns3 project in eclipse workspace, Project-
>Properties and select C/C++ Build
4. On Builder Settings tab change build comand from "make" to the path
of waf (i.e. /home/x/workspace/ns-3-dev/waf)
5. On Behaviour delete "all" from Build (incremental build)
6. Select C/C++ General->Indexer and check "Enable project specific
settings" (with Fast C/C++ indexer selected) for full code completion
7. Apply you changes and Build your project.
That should do it!

Hope it helps

Mihal Brumbulli

unread,
Oct 25, 2009, 9:50:03 AM10/25/09
to ns-3-users
Hi,

In order to run your programs (any binaries generated from the build)
from eclipse you have to do one of the following:

1. Add an external builder (Run->External Tools->External Tools
Configuration) and add a new Program. Then you can configure it:
a. Location = your waf location (i.e. /home/x/workspace/ns-3-dev/waf)
b. Working Directory = your ns3 directory (i.e. /home/x/workspace/ns-3-
dev/)
c. Arguments = --run "${string_prompt}"
then you can run your program (with arguments) with the new created
external builder.

OR (this is the method I use)
2. You can run any binary generated directly as a C++ Application
(normal run command). In order to do this you must link your programs
to ns3 library (libns3.so) by configuring your run OR you can just
create a static link to libns3.so in your lib directory (i.e. ln -s /
home/x/workspace/ns-3-dev/build/debug/libns3.so /usr/local/lib/
libns3.so).

Hope it helps

On Oct 23, 4:14 pm, Ardomar loja <l.ardo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey
> Thanks, Mihal, This is a great tutorial!
> But now how can i run my projects in scratch??
>
> thanks,
> Tiago Estevão
>
> 2009/10/22 Mihal Brumbulli <mbrumbu...@gmail.com>

Julien Mineraud

unread,
Dec 9, 2009, 6:51:08 AM12/9/09
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I have been configuring Eclipse (3.5.1 with Ubuntu 9.10) to run ns-3
program. It is now working but the output of the ns-3 programs appear
on the standard error output. Does anyone has the same problem and
knows how to fix it.

Regards

Julien Mineraud

samia belhadj

unread,
Dec 9, 2009, 1:38:41 PM12/9/09
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
SALUT,
j'ai juste telecharger NS3 et j'ai pas encore commencer a travailler avec. Quel est le mais et les avantages de la programmation avec Eclipse fr NS3. et par quoi vous me consillez pas commencer débutante Comme voiture j'arrive à bien Comprendre la documentation de nsman.org
merci

2009/12/9 Julien Mineraud <julien....@gmail.com>

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ns-3-users" group.
To post to this group, send email to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ns-3-users+...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users?hl=en.



Julien Mineraud

unread,
Dec 10, 2009, 5:59:21 AM12/10/09
to ns-3-users
Salut Samia,
le seul avantage de la programmation avec Eclipse pour NS3, c'est si
tu es habituee a Eclipse et que tu veux pas passer a un autre
environment de programmation. Je pense que pour un reponse plus
claire, tu devrais poser ta question en anglais. Just ask for pros and
cons of using Eclipse for NS3.

Regards

Julien

On 9 déc, 18:38, samia belhadj <belhadj.samia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> SALUT,
> j'ai juste telecharger NS3 et j'ai pas encore commencer a travailler avec.
> Quel est le mais et les avantages de la programmation avec Eclipse fr NS3.
> et par quoi vous me consillez pas commencer débutante Comme voiture j'arrive
> à bien Comprendre la documentation de nsman.org
> merci
>
> 2009/12/9 Julien Mineraud <julien.miner...@gmail.com>
> > ns-3-users+...@googlegroups.com<ns-3-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Sapna Shukla

unread,
Jul 10, 2015, 5:22:36 AM7/10/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I have installed ns3 on ubuntu and now i am installing eclipse for ns3, but when I go to install new software- add- http://cbes.javaforge.com/update...the option of codebeamer comes but mercurial eclipse does not come...what has gone wrong...please advice...
 

Tommaso Pecorella

unread,
Jul 10, 2015, 3:02:45 PM7/10/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please start a new thread. This is 6 years old
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages