DSR intermediate node not forwarding Route Request

pietro.a...@studenti.unipr.it

Feb 16, 2015, 10:28:15 AM2/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, I am testing the DSR protocol but I am in stuck because I need to investigate what's actually happening while simulation in goin' on focusing my attention on the intermediate nodes of my network topology.

Them are not calling the SendRequest (Ptr< Packet > packet, Ipv4Address source) that should forward the route request if the node is not the destination so them are not relaying the Route Request to the other nodes till the target one.

This way I can reach the target node only if the originator one is inside the transmission node range.

Is there any option to activate or something to do?
dsr.cc
dsr.h

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 16, 2015, 11:34:04 AM2/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there's something to NOT do: don't play with internal routing parameters if you don't know what you're doing.

   dsr.Set("RreqRetries", UintegerValue (0) );
This practically told the nodes to not even try to do a Rreq. You may argue that it would be nice to forbid such a thing, but we're evil (kinda).

Cheers,

T.

PIETRO ACINAPURA

Feb 16, 2015, 11:45:23 AM2/16/15