where is the physical parameters(method of modulation, transmit power ......)?

丁磊

Apr 13, 2015, 11:14:18 AM4/13/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hi~

I'm new in ns3 and my research is about the mac layer handoff on 802.11.
I need the WINNER II channel module, because it is more realistic.
However the result of the channel model is the impulse response of the channel, I need the received power.
So I need the  physical parameters to calculate the RXPower.

I have scanned the ns3::WifiPhy, ns3::YansWifiPhy, and ns3::WifiMode, but I still have no idea.about how to check and set them.

Is there anyone that can give me some advise or explaination?

Thanks a lot & Sorry for my poor English.

Sebastien Deronne

Apr 13, 2015, 2:18:53 PM4/13/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry but your question is not clear!
The Rx power is computed according to the distance between the emitter and the receiver and the selected propagation loss model(s) (with selected parameters).

丁磊

Apr 13, 2015, 8:27:11 PM4/13/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hello
thanks for your reply.

I know that in existing model, the propagation loss is calculate based on distance and other parameters, like logDistance model.
but I have to use a more complex model that is not provided in ns3 now, WINNER II.
It is too hard for me to realize this model in ns3, so I want to use the matlab realization provided by WINNER and the use the result in ns3::MatrixPropagationLossModel.
So the physical parameter I use in ns3 simulation and the generation of WINNER II model result must be the same.
So I need to know where to check and set them, like method of modulation( QPSK or 16Qam), the bit rate, the bandwidth, the TxPower.
I know the default setting of them in IEEE 802.11a but I still want to check and set them in ns3 simualtion.

在 2015年4月14日星期二 UTC+8上午2:18:53,Sebastien Deronne写道:

Sebastien Deronne

Apr 14, 2015, 3:21:26 AM4/14/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
method of modulation( QPSK or 16Qam), the bit rate, the bandwidth => see standard!

Tx power => check yanswifiphy attributes:
  • TxPowerLevels: Number of transmission power levels available between TxPowerStart and TxPowerEnd included.
    • Set with class: ns3::UintegerValue
    • Underlying type: uint32_t 0:4294967295
    • Initial value: 1
    • Flags: construct write read
  • TxPowerEnd: Maximum available transmission level (dbm).
    • Set with class: ns3::DoubleValue
    • Underlying type: double -1.79769e+308:1.79769e+308
    • Initial value: 16.0206
    • Flags: construct write read

Sebastien Deronne

Apr 14, 2015, 3:22:06 AM4/14/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

and forgot this one:

  • TxPowerStart: Minimum available transmission level (dbm).

liuj...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 12:05:46 AM6/20/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Sebastien

I want to ask a question that when I set "TxPowerLevels" to other value instead of "1", what does it mean?

Will all the frames be sent at these levels randomly, or there is other schemes to deside at which level to send frames?

Thank you first!

在 2015年4月14日星期二 UTC+9下午4:22:06,Sebastien Deronne写道: