NEMO/Mobile IPv6 simulator

Hajime Tazaki

Nov 12, 2010, 2:52:30 AM11/12/10
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

I'd like to inform you my contribution of NEMO/MIP
simulator.

Based on great ns-3-dce and ns-3-linux by Mathieu, NEMO and
Mobile IPv6 functionality of umip and linux net-next kernel
could be run with ns-3. You can use umip source code and
net-next-2.6 code 'as-is' in simulation.
# umip : USAGI-patched Mobile IPv6 for Linux
http://umip.linux-ipv6.org/

I've only tested under Ubuntu 10.4 x86_64.
Fedora 12 x86_64 is tested but failed (it doesn't work correctly).
Other distro, including 32bit env, is not tested.

You can try as following instruction.

# hg clone http://code.nsnam.org/thehajime/ns-3-dce-quagga-umip/
# cd ns-3-dce-quagga-umip/
# ./dce_binary.py
(this will download umip, net-next, ns-3, our zebra, pybindgen)
(it will show some error during iproute2 build, but ignore it)
# ./waf configure --with-linux-stack=./dce_build/ns-3-linux --with-pybindgen=./dce_build/pybindgen-0.15.0.770
# ./waf

now you can execute mip6d with sample script
# ./waf --run "dce-mip6d --useViz=1"

This script do Mobile Router handoff scenario between two
access routers, and do automatically
- mip6d.conf generate (for HA, MR)
- access router with quagga configuration with HAopt
- MNN send ping6 to CN
- MR send RA to MNN(s) by zebra
- MR moves as Random Way Point model
- pcap file generate per node
- log (stdout/stderr) generate per process

You can take a look of this operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y790NE3EPCg

You need to install a bunch of packages before building,
execution. I only have partial list as follows.

libsqlite3-dev git git-core gcc-4.3 libreadline-dev
ncurses-dev libncurses-dev gdb autoconf libc6-dbg mercurial
pip python-pygraphviz python-pygraphviz python-gtk2
python-pygoocanvas python-gnomedesktop python-gnome2
python-rsvg python-kiwi indent bzr ipython python-dev
libc6-dev-i386

I will setup the document for this, and plan to merge this
into ns-3-dev, ns-3-dce, and ns-3-linux branch in future.

Comments, bug report, suggestion, and of course patch are
very welcome.

regards,
hajime

Gaurav Gupta

Jul 9, 2014, 9:25:55 AM7/9/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hi hajime

have u done these patches in ns3-dce as i have installed dce-1.2 and want to know whether these patches are required in this version or u have already done that i have ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

reply as soon as possible

thanks

Hajime Tazaki

Jul 15, 2014, 2:49:18 AM7/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

dce-1.2 doesn't support Ubuntu 14.04.
dce-1.3 has supported (but not tested well) Ubuntu 14.04.

I guess all the patches (you mentioned) are already merged in.

-- Hajime

At Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:25:54 -0700 (PDT),
Gaurav Gupta wrote:

> [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> --
> [2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]

Gaurav Gupta

Jul 15, 2014, 4:19:09 AM7/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Sir,
I want to simulate Mobile IPv6 in ns3-dce so how much support is available for that i can install ubuntu 13.04 or 13.10 but the thing is i have simulate dce-umip-nemo.cc in this and it is not giving the proper picture of simulation

WITH REGARDS
GAURAV GUPTA
NITK SURATHKAL

Hajime Tazaki

Jul 15, 2014, 5:26:01 AM7/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

what do you mean by 'the proper picture of simulation' ?
how did it fail ? (or what did you expect ?)

-- Hajime

At Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:49:01 +0530,

Gaurav Gupta

Jul 15, 2014, 10:44:01 AM7/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
proper picture of simulation means i saw the animation file of dce-umip-nemo.cc through netanim and visualizer but still the flow of packet are not clear  and do we have any other animation mechanism to check the animation.

second thing is do we have any other example exactly according to rfc for mobile ipv6

vahid Saber

Jul 23, 2014, 8:56:37 AM7/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
the last version I could make dce-nemo work was (ubuntu 13.10 and ns-3-18.0 and netAnim-3.0). the higher versions didn't work for me.

regards
vahid

Hajime Tazaki

Jul 28, 2014, 10:58:05 AM7/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

sorry to be late.

At Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:13:52 +0530,
Gaurav Gupta wrote:

> proper picture of simulation means i saw the animation file of
> dce-umip-nemo.cc through netanim and visualizer but still the flow of
> packet are not clear and do we have any other animation mechanism to check
> the animation.

no, I'm only aware of those two (netanim and visualizer).

> second thing is do we have any other example exactly according to rfc for
> mobile ipv6

I'm not sure which RFC you're referring to.
since the module relies on umip (i.e., umip.org) for the
mobile ipv6 protocol, its supported RFCs should be the same
as umip, which are RFC6275 (Mobile IPv6), RFC3963 (NEMO),
according to umip's web page.

-- Hajime

Gaurav Gupta

Jul 28, 2014, 11:31:05 AM7/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Whether we have any proper example by which we can understand the working of mobile ipv6 correctly if you made any example kindly mail me

thanks
GAURAV GUPTA
Placement Coordinator M.Tech. CSE-IS
09414381544
NITK SURATHKAL

Hajime Tazaki

Jul 28, 2014, 11:39:07 AM7/28/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

could you care to elaborate ?
since I just tested with my machine (FC19 with the latest
one, ns-3-dev with dce-linux-dev) and got proper result from
dce-umip-nemo, with ICMP echo reply after Binding
registration, changing CoA during movement.

-- Hajime

At Wed, 23 Jul 2014 05:56:36 -0700 (PDT),
vahid Saber wrote:

> [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]

rajdev...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 10:27:28 AM5/19/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hajime,

I am trying to use the ns3 dce-ospf rocketfuel topology to set some links up and down to measure the packet drop and some other parameters.

I tried it using the method as in dce-zebra-simple.cc file, writing the link up function as well.
But did not have any luck.
Any guys have any idea??

Will be a great help.

Thanks.

Raj Devgan

Hajime Tazaki

Jun 25, 2015, 3:56:36 AM6/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

At Tue, 19 May 2015 07:27:28 -0700 (PDT),
rajdev...@gmail.com wrote:

> [1 <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> Dear Hajime,
>
> I am trying to use the ns3 dce-ospf rocketfuel topology to set some links
> up and down to measure the packet drop and some other parameters.
>
> I tried it using the method as in dce-zebra-simple.cc file, writing the
> link up function as well.
> But did not have any luck.
> Any guys have any idea??
>
> Will be a great help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Raj Devgan

I don't know how you implemented link up/down functions
though, I don't think it works because DCE doesn't cooperate
with SetDown/Up methods.

-- Hajime