Passing Parameters Through Tracing System Between Different Modules

Thomas Sanders

May 18, 2016, 1:01:05 AM5/18/16
to ns-3-users
Hi All,

I am trying some parameter between components that exist in different modules of ns3. I want to know is it possible in ns3. My main program exist in /scratch folder, the trace source is added in a class (that exist in one module) while the trace sink is in another module (both are used by my main program in the scratch folder). I've setup the connector through Config::Connect ( ... , MakeBoundCallback ( ... , ... )). Previously, I defined the similar trace source, sink, and connector to get values from one class to another class with in the same module and that's working perfectly well, and I see values collected in trace sink. But as I modified it (changed paths and the sink location), to collect values in a different module thing doesn't work. As I compile and run, my main program runs fine and gives no error but I can't see any value in the trace sink. Can anyone have any idea of what could be the possible issue ?

Waiting for reply,
I can share the code if someone needs it for further explanation (avoided to simplify the main problem)!