Node contact

Victor Caballero

Oct 24, 2017, 6:36:20 AM10/24/17
to ns-3-users
Hello,

I am trying to set up a simulation where nodes are moving (mobility) and they perform an action upon contact (i.e. save some kind of profile or interact with a simulated cloud infrastructure). I have basic knowledge about protocol networks (Computer Engineering Degree basic knowledge) so I googled it a little bit. I think I don't need a VANET or MANET, as they deal with routing packets among a cluster of nodes or between clusters and creating ad-hoc networks. I thank that what I really need is some sort of mechanism to perform an action if the distance between two nodes is, for example < 10m . Or maybe a protocol like bluetooth would give me the short range connections I need? Is there any bloetooth module on NS3? I haven't found any. An can someone point me to useful documentation and examples for my use case?

Thank you,