How to test just the new created module

tabrizl...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2017, 4:52:52 AM3/4/17
to ns-3-users
Dear All,

I am new to NS3 and I am trying to create a new module. I have studied the ns3 manual's "support" section, in which the steps to create a new module are explained. What I see is that after adding some codes to the created module, we need to build and also run ./test.py to make sure everything is fine so far; running ./test.py causes the system  to go over testing all the modules which have been already in the ns3, and takes a while. If I do this every time I modify a little, it will be very time consuming. I want to see if it is possible to run test for just the module I am working on? if so, what should I type in the command line?

Thanks in advance.

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 4, 2017, 9:08:50 PM3/4/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

you can run a single test by running ./test.py -s <name of the test>

T.

pdbarnes

Mar 4, 2017, 9:13:25 PM3/4/17
to ns-3-users
Use
$ test.py --suite=TEST-SUITE

Where TEST-SUITE Is the name of the tests for your new module.

See the Manual chapter on Tests for more information.

Peter

tabrizl...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 6:40:49 AM3/8/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Tomasso,

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to finish my model and then test, but I have not finished yet. Anyway I used your suggestion for other models tests and it worked.

Y.

tabrizl...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 6:42:07 AM3/8/17
to ns-3-users