(LTE) Set delay in channel between eNodeB and UE

Miguel Olmos

Feb 7, 2017, 2:30:05 PM2/7/17
to ns-3-users
Hello,

I need to configure delays in channels, considering wireless channels (UEs to eNodesB) and wire channels (eNodeB1 to eNodeB2). Let's say UE sent a message 1, and after that a message 2; i want to set a delay to test synchronization if another UE receive message 2 before message 1. The message pass through eNodeBs and that is the reason i need to set a delay.

One more thing i need to do is set a delay from 1ms to 400ms for example. I am going to test different ranges for delays (random).

Any idea of how to do this?

Thanks and best regards.

Miguel Olmos

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 12, 2017, 7:59:52 PM2/12/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

there's no delay (as far as I know) from the UE to the eNB because the delay is compensated by the LTE network itself.
About the communication between eNB, you should check the LTE helpers, I think there's a point where the channel delay is set.

T.