Irregular Behaviour of Mesh example

Sabbir Rahman

Jan 22, 2022, 10:44:13 PM1/22/22
to ns-3-users
Hello, I was trying to run the mesh example provided in src/mesh/examples/mesh.cc. The code did not have any logs enabled, so I enabled logs for UdpEchoClient and UdpEchoServer. Now running the code with default values result in only client sending data, but no reception from server. After a bit of playing around, I discovered that if step is decreased to around 30 (instead of default 100), and the grid is changed to a one dimensional grid (i.e. x-size or y-size is 1) then the server successfully receives packets. I.E. in this case, multi-hop works successfully. But If I change the grid back to two dimensional (3 by 2 or 3 by 3), the packets do not propagate after source's direct neighbor. If my understanding is correct, this should not be happening.

Could anyone help me figure out exactly what is going wrong here? Is perhaps the example code incomplete?

Tom Henderson

Jan 23, 2022, 12:32:58 PM1/23/22
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Sabbir Rahman
This is an open bug that will be fixed in the next few weeks. Please
read here for more details:

https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/-/issues/472

You identified the current workaround (to reduce the distance between
nodes).

- Tom

ごんぞう

Feb 18, 2022, 12:42:46 AM2/18/22
to ns-3-users
I had that problem with ns-3.34 and ns-3.35.
Which version can avoid the problem?

2022年1月24日月曜日 2:32:58 UTC+9 Tom Henderson: