How to simulate file transfer(file refers to music and pictures or image etc.)?

Chi Wei Shen

Jul 17, 2017, 5:38:30 AM7/17/17
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,i try to simulate the file transfer,
but i don't know how to do.
so i wanna ask is there any way to perform?

I find the some information maybe can use on/off application or tcp-large-transfer.cc as an example,
is this thought right?

I need not transmission the "real" file,just need imitate the real file transfer on it,
would like to ask the above ideas correct? Or there are other ways to do it

Konstantinos

Jul 17, 2017, 6:03:23 AM7/17/17
to ns-3-users
For a 'file-transfer' type of application you could use the TcpBulkSend application for TCP based connections and the UdpTraceClient for UDP.

Regards

Chi Wei Shen

Jul 18, 2017, 2:16:58 AM7/18/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Regards!!Thank you reply.

I think this is a good solution for me.
Because I set the network environment is LTE + WLAN, so I need in these environments to simulate the process of file transfer.

If i want to design a specific amount of traffic or time to change the network environment, can you use the applications start / stop time to complete?
(May be a transfer will start twice)

Konstantinos於 2017年7月17日星期一 UTC+8下午6時03分23秒寫道: