tag-buffer assert failed "m_current + 1 <= m_end"

Jinzhen Bao

Nov 29, 2016, 10:11:31 PM11/29/16
to ns-3-users
Hello, everyone.

I have meet this problem.  I am sorry that i can not describe this problem  more clearly. I have use the gdb, but it does not output any thing when the error happens.

My code is based on NS3-SDN from https://github.com/jaredivey/dce-python-sdn. It uses the DCE to integrate RYU controller and realizes an sdn simulation.

When i run my code, it terminated will the following error.

assert failed. cond="m_current + 1 <= m_end", file=./ns3/tag-buffer.h, line=197
terminate called without an active exception
assert failed. cond="current != 0", file=../model/dce-fd.cc, line=292
terminate called recursively

As i set the drop tail queue size larger, the error happens more later.

I wonder when will this error happen and how should i debug this problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 30, 2016, 7:05:13 PM11/30/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I'm sorry but we can do little or nothing to help you. The code you're using is based on ns-3.24.1 (old) nd it was modified.
The bug seems to be related to a tag list growing too much, but it's impossible to say more. The only suggestion we can give is to contact the author of the code and have the repository updated to ns-3.26 or higher. Maybe this will help.

Cheers,

T.